Your smile is often the first thing people see and notice about you. Is your smile leaving a good impression? If your teeth have become stained, discolored, or yellowed, then your smile may be giving the impression that you do not have good oral hygiene. No one wants that! Don’t be ashamed to smile because of a dull grin; instead, fix the problem by taking care of your teeth and trying cosmetic dentistry treatments. Simple, affordable steps can transform your smile.
7 Easy Steps for a Brighter, Whiter Smile
1. Skip the sweets: Your mother’s advice that candy is bad for your teeth was right; but why should you skip dessert? Sugar reacts with the bacteria in your saliva to form an acid that erodes your tooth enamel. This makes your teeth more susceptible to both tooth decay and stains! If you can’t ignore your sweet tooth completely, make sure to brush your teeth after eating to prevent tooth decay and teeth stains.
2. Brush morning and night: Brush your teeth at least twice a day to remove surface stains, remove plaque build-up, and prevent tooth and gum disease.
3. Floss daily: Flossing is just as important as brushing! Make sure you floss daily.
4. Avoid drinks that stain your teeth: Certain beverages cause discolorations and tooth stains. Red wine, coffee, and dark-colored soda are examples of beverages to avoid in order to maintain a white, bright smile.
5. Say no to tobacco products: Tobacco products can badly stain your teeth, not to mention the myriad of oral health and overall health problems that can arise as a result of tobacco use.
6. Brighten with teeth whitening: Even if you’re on your best behavior, it’s inevitable that you’ll experience some teeth staining. Remove surface stains and whiten teeth with professional teeth whitening.
7. Transform your smile completely: Porcelain veneers are a solution to completely transform your smile. Though veneers are not a simple procedure, the extra effort is worth the results: You can have a perfect Hollywood smile with porcelain veneers.
About Dr. Jeffrey Allen
Dr. Jeffrey Allen provides comfortable dental care to patients of all ages. Call (641) 628-1121 today to schedule a checkup and cleaning, cosmetic consultation, or second-opinion visit. We are located on the west side of the historic town square in Pella, IA. Please see the map for directions.