When patients are excited about Invisalign treatment, the number one benefit we tend to focus on initially is the fact that they’re clear! The trays you place over your teeth to align them with the goal of attaining a gorgeous grin are composed of see-through plastic that means you can enjoy the advantages of orthodontic care without the visibility of traditional brackets and wires. So, keeping those trays clear and free of stains is sort of important. How to do this effectively? You probably already have a pretty good idea. Our quiz will make sure you’re on track.
Quiz Question: True or False?
- True or False: If you are hoping to keep your Invisalign treatment trays from staining, then it is very important you avoid eating or drinking, while you are wearing them. The same is true for smoking.
- True or False: Caring for your trays is also a significant factor in ensuring they remain clear and practically invisible to other people.
- True or False: Remember that if you don’t rinse and brush your smile after eating, you may stain your trays when you place them back over unclean teeth.
- True. With the one exception being water, you should absolutely avoid eating, drinking, or smoking while you wear your Invisalign treatment trays. These habits will quickly lead to tray stains, which can make treatment unsightly instead of under the radar.
- True. When you clean your trays, you remove plaque, saliva, and debris from them. This will help them remain clean and beautifully clear.
- True. Even if you take your trays out to eat, you must clean your teeth before you put your trays back in place. Otherwise, you run the risk of staining them from the inside!
Protect Invisalign Trays With Our Guidelines
Remember that you can easily keep your clear aligner trays clear and clean with just a little help from our team in the form of suggestions. To learn more, schedule an appointment with your dentist by calling Allen & Neumann Family Dentistry in Pella, IA, today at (641) 628-1121.