Teeth Whitening: When It’s Not Exactly Right For You

When you want teeth whitening but you have types of stains or discoloration that simply are not going to respond to this form of care, what do you do? Are you certain at the moment about your particular types of discoloration and whether it’s going to respond well to whitening or not? Fortunately, with some quick information, we can get you on track toward understanding if you’re a candidate or, if not, how we may still help you attain a gorgeous white smile.

Your Stains Are From Food, Drinks, And Wear-and-Tear

If your stains have been caused by drinking staining drinks over the years, eating certain staining foods, or just because you are, well, using your teeth, then you’ll likely have no problem qualifying for teeth whitening. This is the type of discoloration whitening is for! Of course, this is something we will determine when we see you.

Your Stains Are From Medicine, Fluorosis, Etc.

Now, let’s talk about the stains that are caused by medication side effects (like tetracycline). Or, the stains that develop in childhood due to fluorosis. These are stains within your teeth that we cannot treat with teeth whitening. Don’t lose heart, however: We can address this type of concern with either porcelain veneers or dental bonding. Speaking with us about the details will help you understand which will work best.

Your Stains Are Extremely Stubborn

You might have very serious stains that are caused by the initially mentioned foods, drinks, or wear-and-tear. Or, they might just be quite stubborn. When such issues are a reality for you, we may again suggest veneers or bonding over whitening to ensure you receive the best results possible.

Get The Facts Regarding Whitening From Us

Come in to find out everything you’d like to know about whitening and other cosmetic treatments, so you can get started ASAP with attaining a white smile. To learn more, schedule an appointment with your dentist by calling Allen & Neumann Family Dentistry in Pella, IA, today at (641) 628-1121.