How well do you know your teeth? Like everything else, we don’t truly appreciate something until it’s gone. Any patient who has experienced tooth loss can tell you how much they miss their teeth. Patients with missing teeth might also tell you how difficult life can be without them. To help our patients better understand their dental health and the importance of their teeth, Dr. Jeffrey Allen and our team at Allen Family Dentistry composed a short quiz.
Tooth Trivia Quiz
- Gum disease is the primary cause of tooth loss in adulthood. True/False
- Tooth enamel is the weakest substance in the human body. True/False
- Teeth are living structures. True/False
- Tooth loss is inevitable in old age. True/False
- During the third trimester of pregnancy, the teeth begin to develop. True/False
- Plaque hardens into tartar within a few days. True/False
- Brushing teeth removes tartar buildup. True/False
- True – Gum disease weakens the bond between teeth and gums ultimately loosening teeth over time. Periodontal disease is the number one cause of tooth loss.
- False – Tooth enamel is the strongest substance in the human body and is almost as hard as diamonds.
- True – Your teeth are living structures. Cellular material, fibroblasts, and nerves exist inside your teeth.
- False – With proper hygiene and professional dental care, your teeth should last for a lifetime.
- False – Teeth actually begin to develop in the second trimester of pregnancy.
- True – Sometimes plaque may harden into tartar within two days.
- False – Tartar buildup can only be removed by handheld tools our dental hygienists use.
An Invitation for Your Family
Dr. Jeffrey Allen provides comfortable dental care to patients of all ages. Call (641) 628-1121 today to schedule a checkup and cleaning, cosmetic consultation, or second-opinion visit. We are located on the west side of the historic town square in Pella. IA. Please see the map for directions.